Saturday, June 18, 2011

Planning Out the Game World

Today has been mostly a day of rest, but I was able to sit down and layout all the different rooms that are to be found in the game, essentially creating a map of the entire game world. This helps tremendously; now I have a sense of scale and know how many rooms I will need to build. The system I used to layout the game on paper is probably going to be the system I use to display it on the mini-map. Disregarding secrets and such (which will be planned and added in at the end of the project), there is a total of 55 rooms, both small and large, in Reconstructing S31. Considering the size of the rooms and what many of them function as, this an extremely reasonable amount. This is yet another limit to keep myself thinking reasonably.

No comments:

Post a Comment